Newborn Baby Essentials
Is it just me, or has someone else noticed we’ve been having a lot of newborns lately? Every time I log on to Instagram, I come across a post announcing the arrival of a newborn baby. It’s exciting to see, which is why I’ve decided to write about newborn baby essentials.
Many new mothers don’t have a guide on what to buy or possess before the baby arrives. Also, some new mothers take care of their newborns alone without the help of a mother figure to guide them. Chin up, Mamma; Viv is here for you. ?
In this post, we’ll be taking a look at newborn baby essentials you’ll need as a new mom or a mom-to-be.
Read This Next: Top 8 Amazing Benefits of Breastfeeding Your Baby
5 Newborn Baby Essentials You Need
Before we get into newborn baby essentials, what do you need to know as you’re expecting your first baby? Click here to find out what you need to know as a first-time mom.
Newborn baby essentials you need include:
Do you need a nursery? Yes, you do. Some mammas suggest that this isn’t necessary, but I beg to differ. A nursery is a bedroom within your home, set aside for your baby. If there’s a spare room in your house, then yes, you should consider a nursery.
A nursery isn’t complete without these things:
- Crib: This is near the top of the list for a baby’s essentials. Your baby will require a safe crib to sleep in, and they will sleep for at least 16 hours a day, if not more! In addition, you may be able to get many years of use out of your crib depending on the model you choose, as many cribs convert to a toddler bed and eventually a daybed.
- Crib Bedding: Only a waterproof mattress cover and numerous fitted sheets that exactly fit the crib mattress you’ve chosen are required. Suffocation danger is reduced by keeping your baby’s crib bare (free of any other sort of covering, including blankets, top sheets, pillows, and bumper pads, as well as toys).
- Crib’s Mattress: You’ll also need a substantial mattress for your baby – one that fits the crib perfectly!
Other things that you can find in a nursery include Humidifier, Pacifier, Toy basket, Baby Wardrobe, etc.
Feeding is essential to babies. Some of the feeding essentials include:
- Bottles: Whether you plan to breastfeed or use formula, you’ll need some baby bottles. Glass and plastic are both viable possibilities. Some plastic ones even come with a bottle liner insert to help your baby swallow less air. Consider the shape and size of the nipple while selecting a bottle. You may have to try a few different nipple ends before finding one that your baby enjoys.
- Pump: When you need to express breast milk, you can use a manual pump or an electric or battery-powered pump. Some models simultaneously pump both breasts.
- Formula: Your baby’s doctor can assist you in deciding between the various types and brands available.
- Bottle Warmer: Getting your baby’s stored breast milk or formula to the proper temperature can be difficult. A bottle warmer can assist in evenly warming the bottle.
Read This Next: How to safely wean your baby off Breast milk
The majority of a newborn’s days consist of sleeping, crying, and feeding. So when it comes to what to buy for a baby, comfort is at the top of the list. Babies tend to grow quicker than we imagine, so don’t buy too much for any age group. To avoid any sensitivity to clothing materials, I always recommend 100 percent cotton. The skin of newborns is highly delicate.
Clothing Essentials include:
- 6–8 long-sleeved onesies and sleepsuits (don’t buy too many of the same size because kids develop quickly!)
- Undershirts: 6–8 short-sleeved bodysuits and onesies
- A pair of sweaters, a pair of sweaters, a pair of sweaters
- Socks (three to six pairs)
- Blankets; Receiving blankets are used for a variety of things. When carrying the baby, place it on your shoulder.
- Several burp cloths (to put over your shoulder for spit ups)
- Washcloths \ Towels
You’ll need basic health essentials just in case your baby develops a fever, cold, or rash.
- First Aid Kit: Basic things such as a baby thermometer, tweezers, antibiotic ointment, adhesive bandages, and petroleum jelly should all be kept in one place at home. However, you may want to have a second first-aid kit in the car or the diaper bag so that you can access some of these items while on the go.
- Bulb Syringe: This can aid in the removal of mucus from your baby’s nose in a gentle manner.
- Nail Clippers: Use nail clippers to trim overgrown nails.
Find below a list of everything you’ll need when diapering your baby.
- Diapers: You’ll be needing a lot of them. It’s impossible to talk about diapering your baby without talking about diapers, right? Babies can change diapers like 70 times a week. So, be prepared.
- Wipes: It is used to wipe your newborn’s diaper region gently.
- Washcloths: It is a type of cloth used to clean the body. You can wipe your baby’s diaper region using a washcloth that has been soaked in warm water. Mothers can also use a washcloth to clean their infant after bath time.
- Diaper rash cream: It is a product used to treat diaper rash. Diaper rash affects all babies at some point in their lives.
Read This Next: Linea Nigra: What is That Line on Your Stomach During Pregnancy
Preparing for a newborn’s arrival can seem daunting. However, all you have just read is a good start. Use it as a guide, so you’re not caught unawares.
Remember that motherhood is a journey made easy when we have the right people in our corner.
So, click here to go to the fantastic world of motherhood.
Or send me an email to join our Exclusive WhatsApp Family.
Keep being #fabulous.
I am rooting for you.
[…] Read This Next: Newborn Baby Essentials […]