Baking a cake during Christmas is one of the fun & exciting things to do. I’m about to show you an easy way to bake a Christmas fruit cake that turns out perfect every time. Even if you’ve never baked a cake before, trust me, this recipe is all you need to bake the best fruit cake for the holidays. It can be served as dessert with a cup of cold fruit juice.
This recipe for fruit cake isn’t your typical fruit cake. It’s fantastic! This fruit cake is moist and flavorful, thanks to nutritious, natural ingredients.
Let’s dive in:
How to bake a Christmas cake
Before we go into the procedure proper, let’s look at the necessary equipment and ingredient needed.
- 250-gram bag (about 2 cups) 250 g butter 250 g plain flour/all-purpose flour (at room temperature)
- A dozen eggs (at room temperature)
- Sugar (170 g)
- Baking powder (1 + 1/4 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon of flavour
- 1/2 cup rum or brandy
- A quarter cup of browning (see how to make cake browning)
- 1 handful dry fruits, mixed (raisins, sultanas, currants, cherries)
- 1 teaspoon orange and lemon peels (orange, lemon, or grapefruit peel)
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg and cinnamon powder (for extra flavour)
How to prepare
First of all, soak the fruits and citrus peels in the alcohol for at least three days. Then, if you need to cook the cake quickly, boil it for 10 minutes with two tablespoons sugar and 14 cups water in a pot; drain and pour in a bowl, then add the alcohol and set aside to cool to room temperature.
Tip: If you don’t want to use alcohol, simply drain the boiling fruits and serve them at room temperature.
Secondly, prepare the pan by lightly buttering the insides of the pan and then dusting it with flour. The cake will not stick to the pan if you do this.
Then, preheat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius (300 degrees Fahrenheit) for 15 minutes.
Read This Next: 10 Best Christmas Food Recipe Ideas
- Sift the flour and baking powder together in a large mixing basin and put them aside.
- Cream the butter in a separate bowl or with a cake mixer until light and fluffy, then add the sugar and continue creaming until the mixture changes from gritty to fluffy again.
- Break the eggs into a bowl and gradually incorporate them into the butter-sugar mixture as you cream it.
- Add the browning, taste, and soaked fruits to alcohol.
- Gradually add the flour+baking powder mixture, one cup at a time, and mix until thoroughly integrated.
- Halfway fill the prepared cake pan with cake batter and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Finally, bake for 1 hour in a preheated oven (150oC or 300oF), or until the cake is springy to the touch and has begun to shrink out of the pans.
- Some ovens bake quicker than others, so check your cake after 45 minutes to see if it’s done or needs more time in the oven.
- Stick a skewer into the centre of the cake to check for doneness; if it comes out clean, your cake is ready.
- Allow the cakes to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning them out onto a wire rack to cool fully.
- Then drizzle the chocolate ganache over the top. A chocolate ganache is a mixture of chocolate and warm cream.
That’s all, Maama! Your fruit cake is ready to be served and enjoyed with a cup of cold fruit juice.
Now that you have the recipe for a Christmas fruit cake, how about you try it out today?
Remember that motherhood is a journey made easy when we have the right people in our corner.
So, click here to go to the fantastic world of motherhood.
Subscribe to our telegram channel here.
Join our telegram group here.
Or the best part, send me an email to join our Exclusive WhatsApp Family.
Keep being #fabulous 💋.
I am rooting for you 🧡.